Wednesday 21 April 2010

boo owes George Lucas...

... a belated Thank You (recent experience with Video Games Live reminded me of another original who redefined movie standards in his time) I was mailed a marvellous 8"x 10" black n white autographed photograph from George Lucas when I was 16. It arrived on the first day of trial exams for SPM making me the happiest kid to ever take any major exam! Grinned all through exam week putting green-eyed evil fear into every A-student in school! Today this priceless memento that captured a very youthful Georgie alongside Chewbacca on set enjoys special status in my office. Hard to put into words what it feels each time to read the pen scrawl, "For *my surname*, May the Force be with You". So tho' much much belated I just want to say to Mr. George Lucas, "Thanks, but can you next time add a little smiley face too?"

No comments: