Monday 30 July 2007

boo gets away with best pal!

First posted 26 Mar 07

My first vacation in nearly 7 years! A city getaway thanks to the company's annual dinner lucky dip lottery. As it turned out I won the top prize. Completely, completely unexpected. But oh so lovely. A 2D/1N stay for two persons at the Pyramid Tower Hotel at Sunway.

Immediately 2 candidates came to mind as to whom I would love to bring with me. Of course, Mom topped the list. But Mom turned the invitation down on account of her aches and pains (the more I think of her pains, the sadder I am). Anyway, that left only best friend J.

So we both took a day off for ourselves! She patiently let me do some personal shopping that I hadn't time for at other times, including weekends. Mundane things like shoes and hair clips and a massager from Body Shop. Somehow I never was in the frame of mind to go hunting for them at other times. Instead, I have been too occupied with groceries, bills, whatever. Such is my life pattern.

When she found out that I had not sat down to watch a movie at one stretch, fully concentrating on the screen, without my usual multi-tasking which includes working on the laptop, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and laundry, she insisted we went for a movie treat! My best bud, a sweetie through and through... She's wonderful.

And that's how I got to watch '300'! I felt somewhat 'normal' for having done so! Talk about being pathetic... All in all, it was real nice to catch up and talk one on one. Something we hadn't done in quite a surprisingly long while... It was good to re-connect.

No comments: